Saturday, April 3, 2010

Terry Bogard: Graphic Designer


Now that I have explained a little bit about 99desings, I'll tell you a bit of a secret of getting good at whatever you do: Look at and learn from those around you. Look at what they create, and learn from what they did right. I like to create graphic design. So one of my favorite artists to learn from is Terry Bogard.

While I wad around 99designs, Terry Bogard stands out as one of the most impressive graphic designers there. Terry, like me, mostly submits logo designs. He has a firm grasp on both 2D and 3D variations of designs. His designs always look professional and crisp. Not only does his designs stand out because of professionalism, but he can skillfully use light, shape, and contrast to make each design pop.

I don't know how he creates some of his work. I'm still a beginner at graphic design. I'm looking forward to the day when I can create designs like his. And that will happen by looking and learning. If you want to learn how to oil paint, look at Albert Bierstadt. If you want to learn how to sculpt, look at Claes Oldenburg. If you want to learn a more modern art form like graphic design, one of the stops, at least for me, would be Terry Bogard.

No comments:

Post a Comment