Sunday, March 7, 2010

CS4 Tutorials

It's been a few weeks since I've posted, so I figured I'd post three great links. If you are like how I was, and interested in any programs in the Adobe Creative Suite, but just don't know how to use them, these links will be a fabulous help: Layers Magazine, adobe.com, and Creative Cow.

If you're completely new to the programs (like Flash, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, AfterEffects, Premier, etc), the tutorials on adobe.com will be your best choice. It will go step by step through the different tools and applications within each program. It will be pretty basic, and you'll just learn enough to be comfortable. But after you know the basics and you want to learn to do some really cool effects, Layers Magazine and Creative Cow are right up your alley.

Through Layers Magazine and Creative Cow, you can learn more about meshes, texturizing text, and animating paint. My personal favorite is Layers because they teach you cool effects you can do when you use multiple programs at once. Once you learn some of the principles, you can make your designs more creative because of the different choices you have.

3 comments:

  1. You oughta do a shout-out to layertennis.com as well. If you want to see the best of the best going head to head in real time every Friday it's the place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a job as a web imager and I work in photoshop a lot. The problem is that I don't know the program really well. This is perfect, thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool links. If I ever need to know how to use the adobe create suite, I now know where to go!

    ReplyDelete